A Weekend of Hibernation
Autumn is definitely here in New England. The leaves are just starting to change. It rained all weekend. And I am back into hibernation mode.My weekend started out productive and full of plans. Went to a crop with one of my best friends and her mom. Made plans to go to a weekend crop which coincides with my birthday weekend in 2006. Finished all my recipe layouts for September AND October for the ScrapGals. Started on rolodex cards for the Pukesters swap.
Got up early on Saturday. Showered, checked email, played a little Diner Dash and waited for the cable guy. And waited and waited. Cable guy finally arrived at 10:45 [yes, it was in the 8-11 am window but still. . .]
Then it was off to the library to pick up passes to the MFA, the post office to mail my recipe layouts [hooray!] and then off to pick up my dear boyfriend and see the Ansel Adams Exhibit at the MFA. Unfortunately, that darn cable guy messed up my timetable. The museum closes at 4 PM on Saturdays and we just didn't want to rush through the exhibit. So we putzed around instead. Wandered around Best Buy looking at TVs. The one in my living room probably needs to be upgraded soon. It's a well-loved, senior citizen hand-me-down tv. But I just wasn't in the mood. Plus there were these annoying ladies in that same aisle and I needed to get away from them. I ended up in digital cameras. I'm toying with the idea of replacing my 35mm Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 point&shoot. I rarely use now because of its lack of functionality and Im toying with the idea of a digital p&s. I'm still in the tire kicking phase of this whole thing. The more I look the more I decide to wait.
So my darling boyfriend, sweetheart that he is, willingly drove all the way to Melrose to talk to the trusted photo experts at Hunts Photo & Video about digital cameras. I liked the Canon A610 a lot. I'm going to start saving up. Once I have the money in hand, I'll revisit the idea of a new camera.
Then it was back home to hibernate. J made beef stew and the house smelled SO good when we walked in. This was his first attempt with the crockpot. Oh boy, was this stew good. Yum!!!!
Sunday brought more hibernation. It was spent mostly on J's couch reading and watching the Patriots. Nothing better on a yucky grey wet day than being in sweats and a fleece all snuggly warm.
Seriously, the most productive thing I did on Sunday was shower while J cooked breakfast. Can you say spoiled? He made dinner too. [sigh]

2 Comments:
sounds like Tons O' Fun, especially the 'man cooking for you' part. Where can I get one of those without all of the emotional baggage but without having to, say, PAY for the services with MONEY?
Cool weather...ahhhhhhhhhhh....I do so enjoy my hibernation time and a man who cooks...swoon!
Post a Comment
<< Home