Wednesday, January 11, 2006

the joy (?) of digital photography




I've said it before but I'll say it again. I have the best boyfriend!
For Christmas he gave me a digital camera. And though I was reluctantly considering dipping my toe into the world of digital, I have to say now that I am enjoying it.

On Sunday I spent 4 hours taking down our Christmas tree.


our 1st Christmas tree

I photographed each of my ornmanents that has a story or sentimental value. I fussed with lights, I hung other ornaments carefully in the background to provide a splash of color, I turned the ornament slowly to find it's "good side". It was fun. I want to create an ornament album to keep all these stories together.


the ornament I made in pre-school


I love old-fashioned Santas!


My mom on the other hand loves snowmen!

Took a little break to photograph the BF and his two dogs. Who knew his couch and curtains made a nice backdrop? Even in the dim indoor light I was able to get some good shots.

Frankie and Charlie

Adapting from the 35mm Rebel Ti to the Rebel 350 XT has been very easy. I'm pleased with the results straight from the camera. I keep reading on 2Peas that all digital SLR photos need post-production. Is that true? What am I not seeing in the shots that could be improved with curves and filters and the like?

Can you tell I'm overwhelmed? I'm still fretting over the storage and back-up of digital images too. Editing, cropping and printing is even more foreign to me. I'd love to hear what works for you. How long did it take you to get comfortable manipulating and tweaking your photos? How did you come up with your storage methods? What are some of your tricks of the trade? Please share the secrets of your success!

But I love this camera.

And I do so love the man who gave it to me.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Great information Traci! Now I just have to figure out a way to wrangle a digital Rebel!

And your pictures look fanatastic to me Christi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home